Beginners Guide on How to make money with Affiliate Marketing
The main aim of Blogeroo is to introduce you to the world of Blogging and show you how to make money online with Affiliate Marketing as a beginner. I believe that I can offer a unique perspective on this subject, as I am still a relative newcomer myself. Over the course of the next few months I will share with you my ups and downs, and hopefully inspire you to start your own blog.
Just 12 months ago, my financial situation was dire. I was struggling to pay the bills, and my business was failing due to the seasonal nature of the work. I have a family of five young daughters to support and a wonderful wife, who suffers with some chronic health issues.
I needed a consistent income, where I didn’t need to work all the hours under the sun. This was important, as my wife needed me to help her in the day to day running of the household.
It was at this point I started looking at ways to make money online. I went through the motions – I looked at countless videos on YouTube, and performed seemingly endless Google searches, desperately looking for a solution to my problems.
There was one particular guy on YouTube who I kept going back to, and the primary method of making money online he discussed was Affiliate Marketing.
In this blog, I will not only get into the ‘nuts and bolts’ of Affiliate Marketing, but show you that anyone regardless of age, experience, gender or physical ability can make money online from this business model. I will also be providing step by step advice on how to make money with Affiliate Marketing.
Other ways to Make Money Online
Since I started blogging, I have looked into numerous other ways to make money online. And believe me, Affiliate Marketing is just the tip of the iceberg! There are so many different online opportunities available, that anyone with a laptop or smartphone can earn a living from the internet.
Moving forward, I will be sharing with you some alternatives to Affiliate Marketing, and also delve into some very exciting emerging opportunities that will be big in 2020.
Did I Succeed in Making Money with Affiliate Marketing?
To be truthful with you, I haven’t been doing Affiliate Marketing for very long. In fact, my first blog didn’t even go ‘live’ until the very end of 2018.
2019 was the year I finally had my Eureka moment! It dawned on me that I could put all the years of struggling with debt behind me once and for all, and forge a better life for my family.
I am certainly well on the road to recovery from the financial mess I was in last year. By spending countless hours tapping away on the keyboard of my old laptop, and enduring the painfully slow internet connection where I live. Through sheer perseverance (and lots of very late nights) I am finally starting to reap the rewards.
In May 2019, after months of slogging away on my keyboard, I finally received my first commission payment from Amazon Associates. Although it was a fairly modest sum of money, at last I had something tangible to prove to my myself, that Affiliate Marketing really does work.
In the following months, my earnings increased exponentially. By July, I was starting to earn what I considered to be a decent wage. Below is a screenshot of my August 2019 earnings with my two main sources of Affiliate income. I also earned additional income from other Affiliate programs.
My total Affiliate commissions for August 2019 were $3600
As you can see from the above screenshots, Affiliate Marketing does indeed work, but just like any venture, you only get out what you put in. Below is a recent screenshot of traffic to my blog.
All of the above web traffic was FREE… I never paid for any traffic, at any stage while I was building my blog. I couldn’t afford to pay for traffic, so I had to learn Search Engine Optimisation and Social media marketing strategies.
I had to make sacrifices to achieve the results above, the main one being sleep. Due to the hectic nature of my life, I still needed to keep my other business running to bring some money in during the early stages. This mean’t sacrificing most of my spare time.
I’m not going to say it was easy, because it wasn’t. I have been driven by the desire to provide a better life for my family, and now I have been given a taste of the earning potential of Affiliate Marketing, I want to share my experiences with others and hopefully help get you started on your journey to a better life.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
- How to get started in Affiliate Marketing
- How to Choose a Niche for Affiliate Marketing
- Niche Research
- 10 Best Niches for Affiliate Marketing
- How to promote Affiliate links
- What are Affiliate Links?
- What is Passive Income
- Best Ways to Start a Blog (for beginners)
- Blogging tips for Beginners – 6 Simple Steps to Success
- Wealthy Affiliate Review
Affiliate Marketing programs
- Best Affiliate Marketing programs for Beginners
- Amazon Associates
- eBay Partner Network
- Aliexpress Portals
- Market Health
- Amazon vs Aliexpress Affiliate
Affiliate Marketing without a Website
- What is an online Sales Funnel
- What is a Lead Magnet?
- What is a landing page and do I need one?
- How to do Affiliate Marketing without a Website
- Direct Email Marketing
- What are Solo Ads?
- What are Paid Ads?
- Social Media for Affiliate Marketing
- Tailwind app – the perfect tool for Pinterest?
- Affiliate Marketing on YouTube
- Content Samurai Review – YouTube videos made easy
- Affiliate Marketing tools for beginners
- Affiliate tools
- Website, Domains and hosting (free and paid)
- Email Autoreponders
- Outsourcing Work
- Social Media tools
- Ebook and Video resources
- Video creation tools and resources
The changing face of retail has seen many big household names fall by the wayside. The way we buy things has been changing rapidly since the new millennium, and it is predicted that by 2021 over 2 billion people will be buying goods and services online.
In 2018 the total global annual spend on digital advertising exceeded $250 billion and in 2019 it is predicted to break-through the $300 billion mark. The current trend is likely to continue, and by 2021 digital media will eventually surpass all traditional forms of advertising.
So where do affiliate marketers fit into all of this? Well you may be interested to know that US retailers spent over $4.7 billion on affiliate marketing in 2016 – this is predicted to rise to over $6.8 billion by 2020. That equates to a 10.1% annual growth in the industry.
This trend is not unique to the U.S. For example, the total UK spend on affiliate marketing in the same year was roughly $2 billion, and it is estimated the total global spend on affiliate marketing was $16 billion.
These figures are truly staggering, and emphasise the very real earning potential that comes with being a successful affiliate. In a nutshell, there is a very large cake and there is more than enough to go round. It just boils down to you finding your slice… It’s there, you just need to go and get it!
Affiliate marketing tools for beginners
If you are more interested in promoting digital products, particularly from Clickbank or JVZoo then CB University is good, and John Crestani’s Super Affiliate course is excellent.
- AliPlugin – Import Aliexpress affiliate products direct to your website
- Affiliate Bots – 37 different software tools in one bundle ***HIGHLY RECOMMENDED***
Website, Domains and hosting (free and paid)
- WordPress FREE trial
- Wealthy Affiliate FREE trial with optional Premium upgrade
- Namecheap – Excellent value domains and hosting
- Bluehost – Premium WordPress website hosting
- A2 Hosting – Super fast WordPress website hosting
- Fiverr – 1000’s of freelancers available for anything from logo creation through to content
- Udimi – Solo Ads provided by accredited email marketers
Social Media tools
- Tailwind – the perfect application for increasing your Pinterest or Instagram presence
Ebook and Video resources
- IDplr FREE eBook and video resources – an extensive library of free to promote eBooks and Videos
- Sqribble – an amazing eBook creation tool – turns your content into an eBook in minutes
Video creation tools and resources
- Content Samurai 7-day FREE trial
- Ultimate YouTube SEO cheat sheet FREE eBook!
- The Digital productivity playbook FREE eBook!
- Content Samurai 25% lifetime discount – direct checkout (no free trial)
- VidiQ – YouTube SEO tool – very useful and FREE to use (some limited functionality)